Baltimore Woods Nature Center's office, staff, and on-site program area are located in the John A. Weeks Interpretive Center on Bishop Hill Road in Marcellus.
The John A. Weeks Interpretive Center at beautiful Baltimore Woods may be rented by families, organizations and companies to host parties, meetings or conferences. The facility includes a 40'x 40' (capacity 100 people) program room and a commercial kitchen. Call 673-1350 for more information.
The John A. Weeks Interpretive Center
What happened to our pavilion?
Many recent visitors have asked what happened to the beloved pavilion that serves as the staging ground for camp and other programs and as a place where hikers get oriented. Fear not! 2012 will bring a functional and attractive new pavilion to Baltimore Woods. The old pavilion, built without a foundation, was listing dangerously to the west and, to ensure the safety of our visitors, was demolished by volunteers on November 14, 2011. Plans are in place and, under the direction of Board Member Tim Dudley, construction on a new pavilion will begin this spring, with the goal of completing a new pavilion by the end of June. The new pavilion will be built a closer to our Interpretive Center, which will better integrate with the newer facilities and simplify logistics. Stay tuned!
Our Pioneer Cabin is used in programs such as Campfire Cookouts. It serves as an educational reminder of how life used to be.