Jobs and Internships
Baltimore Woods Nature Center is a premier educational
organization that transforms individuals and communities by cultivating a
personal connection to, and an abiding love for the natural world, while
serving as a model of sensible stewardship of nature for generations to come.
Baltimore Woods Nature Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Volunteer Internship Opportunities with Nature in the City program
Please click here to download the full description for this internship with the award-winning Nature in the City natural science education program in the Syracuse City schools, and for information how to apply.
Volunteer Internship Opportunities at Baltimore WoodsReports to: Baltimore Woods Nature Center Program Coordinator/Office Manager/Director
To support the staff in the performance of their duties. To learn and become aware of the basic operating procedures of a nature center.
* Successfully complete the needed hours designated by the educational institution.
* Help in the production and distribution of the Baltimore Woods membership publication.
* Assist with mailings, answering telephone calls or other public relation duties requested.
* Perform trails or habitat maintenance as needed.
* Attend and/or assist with public programs. Evaluate programs with suggestions for improvement listed.
* Acquire experience through environmental programming.
* Develop brochures (site and/or program), handouts, or other materials as needed.
* All interns are required to complete a project for Baltimore Woods. The nature of the project should match the experience and interests of the intern to a specific aspect of The Woods' operations (programs, marketing, urban outreach, ecological research, land management
) copies of finished projects are made available to the intern's educational institution. Intern projects can be an excellent tool for interns to use in subsequent job searches.
* Maintain an appropriate public profile which supports and promotes volunteer participation, Baltimore Woods and its goals and mission.
* This position is an non-paying, volunteer position. Expenses with prior approval and proper verification through the Baltimore Woods Nature Center office, will be reimbursed.
* Other duties as requested by the Baltimore Woods staff.
To apply please contact Patty Weisse, Director, Baltimore Woods Nature Center 4007 Bishop Hill Road, P.O. Box 133, Marcellus, NY 13108. You may also call 315-673-1350, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.